Juscyleia Reis, Brazil, Natural
RICH COCOA / BROWN SUGAR / PLUM / HAZELNUT / JUICY LUCY
Producer: Jusycleia Reis
Region: Matiqueira de Minas, Brazil
Altitude: 1100 - 1250 MASL
This lovely lady brings all things Brazilian in a beautiful balance that we felt was best translated when brewed in French Press with a straightforward recipe that gives you that big body-ody-ody and brown sugar and cocoa sweetness.
About Juscyleia Reis...
In 2008 Juscyleia inherited a farm from her father, and planted her first crop of only 5,000 feet of Mundo Novo coffee. When everyone said that there, in that place, she would never be able to harvest coffee, Juscyleia refused to be discouraged and, instead persisted. In 2012 she planted another 3,000 feet, but this time it was from Yellow Bourbon. She fought hard and worked hard for this coffee, having to prove herself even more so for being a woman.
Juscyleia continued to grow and learn, constantly evolving and improving her planting and processes. In 2018 she participated in the Minasul quality contest and of the 400 participants she was classified and finished the contest in 12th place! Having her name among the best coffees was the reward of many years of hard work and one of her greatest joys.
Juscyleia says “I am very proud to look back and see all the effort and difficulties that I went through and see where I got to. It was from this contest that I had another big surprise and happiness to see my coffee take over the world through Girls who Grind Coffee. I am very happy with this partnership. I wish that we can continue this partnership for many years and I guarantee that I will always do my best to guarantee an even better coffee!”.
Our favourite way to brew this coffee at the roastery:
30g medium-coarse ground coffee
500g water* (96-100°)
between 9 and 12 minutes (trust us!)
*we brewed ours between 96-100°
1. Place your French Press/Cafetiere onto your scales, and tare to 0.0g. Pour in your 30g medium-coarse coffee and tap either side of your cafetiere to flatten the coffee bed out, tare your scales to 0.0g again.
2. Begin your timer as you start pouring and pour the full 500g water into your cafetiere. Swirl the cafetiere lightly to ensure all coffee grounds are evenly saturated. Leave for 4 minutes.
3. At 4 minutes, break the crust by stirring, and skim off any foam or floating coffee grounds. Leave for an additional 5-8 minutes.
4. At your desired time (between 9 and 12 minutes), place the plunger onto your carafe, and plunge down until you reach the top of your coffee- do not plunge all the way through!
5. Pour into your cup and enjoy yourself a hot cup of juicy-lucy, lovely jubbly, cocoa-plummy perfection.